William T. Pennington, MD
- Joint Restoration
- Sports Medicine
My aim is to provide state-of-the-art, prompt and courteous care to my patients. Hopefully this will facilitate the earliest possible return to the activities which the current injury is preventing.”
Dr. Pennington is a board certified Orthopedic Surgeon with sub-specialty certification in sports medicine. He is fellowship trained in shoulder and knee reconstruction. His active lifestyle drives him to help his patients maintain their active lifestyles of choice, as well. In addition, Milwaukee Magazine and peer physicians recognized Dr. Pennington as a Top Doctor in Southeast Wisconsin in 2018, 2016 and 2015.
He is a partner in The Orthopedic Institute of Wisconsin and a founding member of Midwest Orthopedic Specialty Hospital.
Meet Dr. Pennington
Specializing in shoulders and knees, Dr. Pennington is most passionate about providing you excellent, prompt, courteous care. To do so he stays on top of all of the technology and techniques to get you back to the activities you’re not able to do. Watch this video to learn more about Dr. Pennington.
- Specialized training in shoulder and knee arthroscopy.
- National, regional and local presentations on orthopedic-related subjects.
- Authored a chapter of the book An Atlas of Shoulder Arthroscopy and has been published in the Journal of Pediatric Orthopedics and Arthroscopy
Honors & Awards
- Milwaukee Magazine‘s Top Doctors List, Orthopedic Surgeons – 2018, 2016, 2015 and 2012
- Received Milwaukee BizTimes Healthcare Hero Award – December 2011
- Diplomate, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Mid-American Orthopaedic Association
- American Medical Association
- State Medical Society of Wisconsin
- Milwaukee Orthopaedic Society
- American College of Sports Medicine
Teaching or Professional Positions
- Clinical Instructor of Orthopaedic Surgery, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI – Awarded Clinical Instructor of the Year, June 2008
- Board of Trustees, University School of Milwaukee – September 2011-Present
Cartilaginous Knee Injuries, Ligamentous Knee Injuries, Arthroscopic Shoulder Reconstruction, Conventional Total Shoulder Arthroplasty, Reverse Total Shoulder Arthroplasty, Biologic Shoulder Reconstruction
Medical SchoolMedical College of Wisconsin - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Honors: Elected to the Wisconsin Beta Chapter of Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
ResidencyMedical College of Wisconsin - Milwaukee, Wisconsin
FellowshipCalifornia Pacific Medical Center – Shoulder/Knee Reconstruction - San Francisco, California
Recurring Shoulder Dislocation
Dr. Pennington describes how to prevent a recurrence of a dislocated shoulder and what can be done in the case of chronic shoulder dislocation.Watch Now