When you need knee, shoulder or hip joint restoration treatment, choose Midwest Orthopedic Specialty Hospital for pain-relieving treatment designed to repair function – while preserving your joint.
You’ll get care from nationally-recognized joint pain specialists who helped pioneer innovative joint repair techniques. Enjoy the comfort of staying close to home while benefitting from the latest advances in biological and tissue engineering – including personalized joint pain treatment options available nowhere else in Wisconsin.
Knee Restoration Techniques
Find relief from knee pain when you take advantage of one of these sophisticated procedures:
- Autologous chondrocyte implantation (ACI) – Removes a tiny portion of healthy cartilage cells from your body and places them in a lab to grow into new tissue, which a surgeon will then implant over damaged cartilage on the ends of bones in your knee
- Debridement – Employs a minimally invasive, arthroscopic technique to eliminate damaged cartilage, smooth your knee’s surface and help your joint move more easily
- Meniscus transplant – Replaces your damaged meniscus with artificial cartilage or healthy donor tissue during a minimally invasive procedure
- Microfracture – Relies on a minimally invasive approach that creates tiny holes in your knee bones near damaged tissue to help make cartilage regrow
- Osteochondral autograft transfer system (OATS) – Uses healthy tissue from your body or a donor to fill in a hole—or osteochondral defect—in your thighbone
- Osteotomy – Realigns your knee with your shinbone or thighbone to shift weight off the painful, arthritic side of your joint
Shoulder Restoration Techniques
If you experience shoulder discomfort, you may benefit from one of these advanced procedures:
- Biologic shoulder replacement – An exchange of damaged cartilage in your shoulder’s ball and socket for healthy donor tissue during a minimally invasive, arthroscopic procedure that reduces your recovery time
- Debridement – A minimally invasive, arthroscopic technique that removes damaged cartilage, smooths your shoulder’s surface and lets your joint move more easily
- Microfracture – A minimally invasive surgery that creates tiny holes in your shoulder bones near damaged tissue to help make cartilage regrow and help relieve your joint pain
- Shoulder resurfacing – A procedure that Midwest Orthopedic Specialty Hospital surgeons developed to cover the damaged cartilage of your shoulder’s socket with healthy tissue from a donor
Hip Restoration Techniques
To treat hip pain, take advantage of one of these advanced procedures:
- Hip arthroscopy – Uses a minimally invasive technique to treat conditions such as torn cartilage, loose tissue and bone spurs
- Microfracture – Relies on a minimally invasive approach that creates tiny holes in your hip bone near damaged tissue to help make cartilage regrow.
Joint Restoration Institute
The Joint Restoration Institute at Midwest Orthopedic Specialty Hospital, and the joint repair specialists who comprise it, are dedicated to providing state-of-the art biological restoration solutions to our patients.
We aim to provide education, counseling and treatment at the highest level utilizing a multidisciplinary team approach to care with the best interest of the patient as our sole focus. Our program offers a full range of treatment options, including:
- Minimally invasive surgical procedures to repair a joint
- Biological and tissue engineering advancements such as cartilage regeneration and meniscus transplants
- Joint replacement surgery options
- Exercise and rehabilitation programs
For more information, call Midwest Orthopedic Specialty Hospital at 414-817-5800.